Photos & Trip
14 - 23, 2009
Gina Nichol, Steve Bird, & Miguel
Contact [email protected] for information on future tours.
Top Sightings: Rarities, endemics, & exceptional birding experiences!
- Harpy Eagle chick (off the nest but found by Miguel)!
- 7 Sunbitterns in one day including 3 calling and displaying. See video on YouTube>>
- Horned Sungem
- A stunning male Helmeted Manakin seen very close and also from the lunch table
- Band-tailed Manakin dancing on a branch at a lek site on private property
- Greater Rhea running down the road with three small chicks in tow
- Hyacinth Macaw plus 15 species of parrot
- Curl-crested Jay
- Incredibly close views of Sungrebe
- 21 mammal species including Giant Anteater, Maned Wolf, Ocelot, Margay, Brazilian Tapir, Giant River Otter (OK, not birds but WOW!)